Sunday, August 21, 2011

6 Months

Midway into my contract.  I think I've reached my "mid-contract crisis".  Yeah, that's what I'm calling it.  Which means I need to figure out what I'm going to do once my contract is complete...or at least have a few plans in place since I'm constantly changing my mind.  It will all boil down to how I feel when my time here comes to an end.  I'm fairly certain that I will not stay another year (I know I keep saying that).

Since my arrival here I think I have finally overcome my homesickness, realized that I should never say "never", come to terms with the fact that I don't know when I will return to Atlanta and if I will stay there...the list could go on.  One thing I have realized during my vacation in Tokyo is that I really do have a great life.  What a wonderful feeling!  It seems as if I am in a dream world.  There's nothing holding me back...I can do whatever I want.  Never in a million years would I have imagined myself working/living on the other side of the world, or even in a different country.  I'm meeting great people and forming friendships which I know will last beyond Korea.  The proximity to the places I would like to visit is ideal and unbelievable.  Since I'm on this side of the world, it just wouldn't be right if I didn't visit my motherland.

So the time has come for me to start my list making of what I would like to do in Korea before I leave and what I would like to do when I leave Korea.



"Don't ask yourself what the world needs.  Ask yourself what makes you come alive.  Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."  ~Howard Thurman


"People say that what we are seeking is a meaning for life.  I don't think this is what we're really seeking.  I think what we're seeking is an experience of being alive."  ~Joseph Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment